World Building...
As a longtime Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I certainly did not have this story on my bingo card. Former Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin revealed himself as a longtime Minecraft builder, and he recently showcased his city on a YouTube video. I have never actually played Minecraft, so it was interesting to see assorted buildings and structures in that world.
Tomlin commented that working on his city is a way to "detach from the realities and pressures of life." I think a lot of thereians can relate to this sentiment as well. Whether it's planning neighborhoods, decorating, or buggy bashing, a virtual world is a nice way to unwind and set aside the real world for a few hours or more.
Several years ago, I met an NFL player in a virtual world very similar to there.com, and it was cool talking football with someone who was actually in the league. Maybe I should invite Coach T. to one of my future NFL watch parties at Words & Lyrics Cafe.
Rooftops, Penthouses, and Urban Living by Mike Tomlin
Speaking of world building, I recently decided to join the Isla Bonita neighborhood that I talked about in my last blog article. I put out a three-story building, which houses an office, meeting room, and a space for writers. If you have an idea for a blog article, please drop by to discuss it. Also looking for stories on the paranormal and Halloween fashions for October.
I also wanted to give a promo for the min-hoverboat by MMD and Truck. I own a black one, and it has been very useful for my blog photography. When I am hovering above a place and taking pictures, it is very easy to remove myself afterwards. I simply upload the resulting photos into Gemini A.I. and ask it to "remove the flying figure." It is pretty much impossible to tell I was there in the first place.
In case you missed it, there.com is currently looking for people to document every-day events in world on social media. Sounds like a great idea to generate more interest and attract even more people to our favorite virtual world. Check out the link above for more information.
From the official there.com blog...
We are excited to introduce the There Media Crew, a new community group for members who enjoy taking photos, recording videos, exploring the world, attending events, or simply capturing those unexpected moments that happen every day in There.
Our goal is simple: we want to share more of There and the incredible community that brings our Virtual World to life across our official Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok channels.
Memorable Quotes by Mike Tomlin
1. "The standard is the standard"
Description: The ultimate Tomlinism—and one inked into the very walls of Acrisure Stadium.
Tomlin described this phrase as the Steelers' creed, emphasizing that players are expected to take the field knowing that excellence is always expected of them, regardless of injuries or circumstances.
2. "We need volunteers, not hostages."
Description: This phrase captured Tomlin's core roster-building and retention philosophy.
Notably invoked when running back Le'Veon Bell refused to sign his franchise tag in 2018, it highlighted Tomlin’s desire to coach players who genuinely wanted to represent the black and gold—not those who had to be forced or convinced.
3. "Don't blink. If you're a blinker, cut your eyelids off."
Description: While many coaches tell their teams not to lose focus, Tomlin took the metaphor to extreme, memorable heights on the sidelines and in meetings.
It served as a stark, trademark instruction to remain unflinching in high-pressure situations.
4. "I can't give you all the ingredients to the hot dog, you might not like it."
Description: Used to keep internal team matters private from fans and reporters.
Tomlin dropped this line when questioned about internal locker room dynamics—specifically whether quarterback Russell Wilson received a game ball after beating his former team—reminding the media that some details are simply "none of your business."
5. "If my aunt had male parts, she'd be my uncle."
Description: Delivered near the end of his tenure following a tight Week 18 win over the Baltimore Ravens.
When a reporter asked what would have happened if Baltimore had hit a game-winning field goal, Tomlin shut down the hypothetical "what-if" scenario with this classic, unfiltered retort.
Credit / Source:
Article Title: Ranking the Best Tomlinisms as Mike Tomlin Leaves Steelers
Author: Delilah Bourque
Website: Sports Illustrated (SI.com)
Have a great weekend, everyone!





Comments
Post a Comment